Length of Stay Guideline
- The nine individual Vacation Home Cabins and Cabins rent for full weeks rotating on a Saturday to Saturday basis. A 5-night Minimum Rental, with either arrival or departure on a Saturday is required. Best Value is a full week rental, as two Nights are included within the week without charge.
- The three Villas and four Chalets may be rented overnight, for partial weeks, and full weeks without restriction as to arrival day or length of stay. Minimum night rentals may apply.
Accommodation rates are based on the following occupancy:
- One bedroom: up to 2 persons
- Two bedroom: up to 4 persons
- Three bedroom: up to 6 persons
If the Accommodation can accommodate extra persons, the following rates apply:
Additional persons 11 & up: $165/week; $30/night
Additional children, age 10 & under: $115/week; $20/night
Rates subject to change
A nonrefundable deposit of approximately 50% of the accommodation(s) reserved and watercraft rentals and services reserved is required with Visa, M/C, Amex, Discover, personal check or bank cashier’s check.
Initially a nonrefundable space deposit dependent upon accommodation(s) and watercraft rented is placed on a credit card with the balance of the 50% deposit due in the form of either a personal check or bank cashier’s check, or credit card (4% credit card surcharge is applicable.)
- Short stay accommodation reservations of generally 1-4 nights, along with corresponding waterfront rental requests (boats, motors, pontoon, canoes) are paid in full with a nonrefundable prepayment when the reservation is made.
- Reservations made less than approximately 60 days prior to arrival are paid in full with a nonrefundable prepayment when the reservation is made.
- (4% surcharge on credit card deposit and/or prepayment is applicable.)
Additional persons and services determined at registration will be charged accordingly.
In addition to the 50% deposit, a final prepayment is required on accommodation(s), watercraft rentals and services reserved to be prepaid prior to the arrival date in the form of personal, business, or bank cashier’s check, or credit card (4% credit card surcharge is applicable.) . Your Reservation Confirmation & Invoice indicating the final balance of prepayment due, and due date will be emailed.
- We reserve the right to retain the deposit and re-rent your accommodation(s), if prompt balance of final prepayment is not received by the due date indicated on your Reservation Confirmation & Invoice.
- We reserve the right to debit your credit card for the final prepayment with the applicable 4% credit card surcharge if prompt balance of final prepayment is not received by the due date and a “reminder email” has been sent.
- If you have special considerations, we should be aware of for making payment or your payment check has been posted, and you know it is late, please contact us. We are happy to help.
Note: If you wish to have the final balance of payment debited from your credit card, that is totally acceptable. 4% credit card surcharge applies. Please advise if you wish to use your card.
Taxes and Resort Fee
Lodging and Package rates subject to 7.375% MN sales/county tax, and 4% county/local lodging tax. Accommodation rates, boat/motor rentals, guides, and package rates subject to a 6% resort fee.
Resort fee supports high speed fiber optics broadband WiFi in all accommodations, abundant supply of complimentary split and stacked firewood, marina assistance (bailing of boats, complimentary fish cleaning, maps, etc.), and other services, such as twice weekly housekeeping “Courtesy Calls” to replenish TP, coffee filters, trash bags, etc. Fee also supports complimentary SUP’s, sit-on-top kayaks, paddle boards, two swim rafts, instructional canoeing and kayaking, new state-of-the-art sauna, garden shower, private hiking trail, and more.
Gratuities for resort service personnel including housekeepers, marina and guide service, and Wildwood Lodge staff are at your discretion.
Late Arrivals, No Shows, Early Departure, Number Reserved For, Equipment Reserved
You are financially responsible for the entire rental period reserved, the number of persons reserved for, and equipment reserved. There are no refunds for any portion of the arrangements made for you that are not actually utilized by you, for reduced party size, for late arrivals, “no shows”, or for early departure.
Cancellation Information: In the event that you must cancel your reservation, a written Notice of Cancellation must be received. You may transfer your reservation to another person without a transfer fee. You are financially responsible for the amount of the original reservation including watercraft rentals and other services with full payment on account. If we can, in good faith, re-rent your reservation for the same time frame all money on account is refunded, less a processing fee per week or partial week reserved of $200 per 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom accommodations and $300 per 3-bedroom accommodations. There are no exceptions of any kind, including medical exceptions, disease, emergencies, air carrier or travel delays/cancellations, or weather-related cancellations.
Guests are financially responsible for any damage and/or loss to rental accommodation(s) or watercraft. Prior to arrival at River Point check with your home owner’s insurance policy or other insurance options to provide you with the peace of mind that you are covered for possible damages and/or loss to rental property and watercraft which may be incurred while on vacation.
Home Owner’s Insurance & Travel Insurance
- Your home owner’s insurance may provide coverage for damage and/or loss to rental watercraft.
- Travel Insurance is recommended to provide you with peace of mind should circumstances arise which may cause you to interrupt, delay, or cancel your trip in advance of your arrival or when you are on vacation; for lost baggage, medical expense, and more.
- Travel Insurance may provide you with financial coverage for damage and/or loss related to your rental accommodations(s) while on vacation.
- You may wish to look at Forbes Advisor Travel Insurance: Best Travel Insurance Companies for their analysis of various companies that offer “Cancel for Any Reason” insurance.
- River Point does not sell travel insurance, nor do we receive compensation for recommendations. Three companies that you may wish to check into:
1) Travel Guard: 1-800-826-5248
2) Access America Travel Insurance (Allianz): 1-800-284-8300
3) QuoteWright Travel Insurance: 1-800-821-4940
Smoke Free and Pet Free
River Point accommodations and screen porches are Smoke Free. Smoking is optional on sundecks and patios. We kindly request that cigar smoking is minimal and occurs in the parking areas, in your own vehicle, on the hiking trail, or when on the water.
River Point is a Pet Free Facility. We are happy to recommend area kennels.
The Point Vacation Home Cabin and Riverview Vacation Home Cabin: Adults & Teens (Age 12 & Older Only)
- These two lakefront Vacation Home Cabins are reserved for Adults and Teens (Age 12 & Older Only).
- We are most happy to accommodate families with children under age 12 in one of the other 14 accommodations.
- Chalet reservations made during Holidays and Events (ie: Labor Day Weekend, Blueberry Arts Festival (Festival Dates: July 28, 29, 30., 2023 and Thursday, July 27 prior to the Festival are subject to a 10% surcharge.
- A 3-night minimum rental is required for reservation made during holidays and events. (Some exceptions may occur. Inquire.)
Marina Rentals and Amenities
- Want to rent a 16’ boat with 15 hp motor, a pontoon, or pro fishing boat for your stay? Refer to the Marina Rentals and Amenities for choices.
- Best Value: Full week rentals. When renting by the full week, three days are included free of charge, versus daily rental.
Guide Service (Call to Reserve Guided Trips)
Guides are available for 4-hour (½ Day), 6-hour, and 8-hour (Day) Fishing trips on Birch Lake.
Guided Fishing Trips on Birch Lake
Guides are also available for day trips into the famous Boundary Waters Canoe Area for fishing or for scenery, photography, pictographs, wildlife, and more.
Bringing Your Own Boat
A boat launch is available for our guests. Plenty of dockage space at the central marina area, as well as 5 private docks at specific accommodations.
- Launch Fee: $15
- Daily Dockage Fee: $17 per boat up to 17′; Add $2/day per foot for boats over 17′
- Pontoon Boat or Deck Boat dockage: $10/day surcharge
Fall Dockage Special, 9/5-9/24: $12/daily dockage for boats up to 17′ long. $2/day per foot for boats over 17′ long. Pontoon Boat or Deck Boat: $10/day surcharge
Aquatic Hitchhikers: Personal watercraft launched at RPR will be inspected for aquatic invasive species (AIS). We reserve the right to deny access if there is a potential danger of introducing AIS to the lake. Boats and trailers must be clean and free of mud and aquatic debris; drain plus have been pulled; bilge and live wells are empty; live bait is fresh and does not contain water from other lakes, rods and reels and tackle are free of debris. For more information on how you can prevent Aquatic Hitchhikers, www.dnr.state.mn.us.
Please do not bring jet skis, or fireworks as they are prohibited.
Two pertinent pages to check out:
View the four categories of lodging choices and for detailed information on what is included in the accommodations
Find answers to frequently asked questions on as what is provided in the accommodations, what to bring such as personal toweling for bath and kitchen, what the lake and the fishing is like, shopping for groceries in nearby Ely, and so much more
Your friends and family are welcome to visit. However, MN State Law requires all persons that come to a private resort be registered, regardless of the length of their visit. Visitors must register in the Office prior to the start of their visit. For short visits of 2 hours or less, there is no fee. Longer visits will be assessed a fee of $30 per persons, age 11 & older; $20 per child, age 10 & under. With payment, your guest(s) may enjoy full use of the beaches, use of beach watercraft, and swim rafts. If visitors want to stay overnight, and if the lodging choice can accommodate extra persons, the following rates apply: $30 per person, age 11 & older; up and $20 per child, age 10 & under.
Check In Time, Check Out Time
Weekly Rentals: Check In is after 3:00 pm (Sat); Check Out is prior to 8:00 am (Sat)
Overnight and Partial Week Rentals: Check In is after 2:00 pm; Check Out is prior to 10:00 am
Additional time is needed to fully clean and sanitize each guest accommodation according to safety and health protocols. We appreciate and thank you for your consideration should your accommodation not be completely ready upon your arrival.
River Point Resort® & Outfitting Co.
Office Hours: 8:30 am – 8 pm daily
Customer Service: 218-365-6625
Dates of operation are spring, summer, and early fall
Mid-May – September 24, 2023